N. J. A. Sloane: Awards, etc.
See also my [
publication list |
- May 2015: Elected Fellow of The Learned Society of Wales (FLSW)
2013 George Polya Award from Mathematical Association of America
(with M. LeBrun and D. Applegate) for
College Math. J., Vol. 43 (No. 1, 2012), pp. 43-50.
Fellow of American Mathematical Society, Jan 11 2013.
Math. Assoc. America, David R. Robbins Prize, 2008.
Richard W. Hamming Medal, 2005.
In 2004 gave invited one-hour talks at: Annual Meeting of Math. Assoc. America (Phoenix, Jan., 2004); Joint Annual Meeting of Dutch and Belgian Math. Socs. (Tilburg, Holland, April 2004); Coxeter Memorial Meeting (Toronto, May, 2004); and Annual Meeting of Australian Math. Soc. (Melbourne, Sep., 2004)
has won numerous awards.
Plenary speaker, Annual Meeting of German Mathematical Society (DMV), Dresden, September 2000.
- AT&T Fellow, June 1998.
- Elected to
National Academy of Engineering, Feb. 1998.
1998 Claude E. Shannon Award
of the IEEE Information Theory Society.
- Invited speaker,
International Congress of Mathematicians, Berlin, 1998.
1995 IEEE Information
Theory Society Prize Paper Award
(with A. R. Calderbank, A. R. Hammons, Jr., P. V. Kumar and P. Sole)
for paper on codes over Z4.
- J. Clarence Karcher Medal, Univ. Oklahoma, 1988.
1987 IEEE Information
Theory Society Prize Paper Award (with J. H. Conway).
Earle Raymond Hedrick Lecturer of the Mathematical
Association of America.
- College de France Medal, 1984.
- IEEE Centennial Medal, 1984.
- Distinguished Technical Staff Award, Bell Labs, 1983.
- Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Transactions Information Theory, 1978-1980.
Chauvenet Prize of the Mathematical Association of America.
- Fellow of Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers.
- Member American Math. Soc.
- Member Math. Assoc. America.
- Member Amer. Statist. Assoc.
- Member American Alpine Club
- Member DIMACS Center, Rutgers Univ.
Return to my home page